To support exemplary options that transform learning for children, while empowering families, particularly low income families, to choose the best options for their children.
The Institute Offers:
- Planning for Milwaukee’s charter, independent and private schools;
- Comprehensive audit services for existing Milwaukee schools;
- Guidance for existing schools to become fully accredited;
- Forums for research;
- Discussion and advocacy for changing the way young people learn, especially the poor;
- Neighborhood Technology Learning Centers with computer technology and youth-focused instruction;
- Professional Development Center, which helps educators improve teaching and learning processes;
- Wisconsin Charter School Resource Center, which works to create a positive environment for quality charter school development.